For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the BACN confirms that:
- The proprietor of the Site is the British Association of Cosmetic Nurses, whose registered office is at One Temple Quay, Temple Back East, Bristol, Avon, BS1 6DZ. The British Association of Cosmetic Nurses is registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z2409479. Users may contact the BACN in relation to data protection matters at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- BACN processes Users’ data for the purposes of administering membership, collecting subscription fees, renewal of membership, running events such as CPD meetings or exhibitions, disseminating newsletters, sending out relevant information from BACN partners and guidance and ancillary or related activities;
- BACN processes personal data for its staff, members, members of the public attending events or exhibitions and others, depending on the activities concerned;
- BACN doesn’t share Users’ personal data unless it either has first obtained consent to do so, or pursuant to a legitimate interest of the organisation (such as running a CPD event);
- BACN utilises many industry standard information systems including third party cloud based solutions and restricts access to User data by our employees and agents. As an organisation, we will seek to continually ensure we only hold personal details of our members that are necessary for the lawful processing activities associated with the delivery of our products and services;
- BACN retains personal data of Users for different periods of time, depending on the purpose of their processing. A Data Retention Policy codifies the different periods of time after which personal data will be destroyed or returned to the User; and
- BACN seeks to implement safe technical and operational measures, where its activities include the processing of personal data.
- If membership lapses, it is within the right of the BACN to inform others of your current membership status, as per the lawful basis of processing - “processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person”. This consideration is undertaken for the safety of patients - whereby it may be indicated that you agree to our code of conduct as a current member.
Users should note that where their information is displayed, with consent, on the Site (such as in Practitioner Finder or the Prescriber Buddy list) it is accessible to third parties who may independently lift that information for their own marketing purposes. The BACN has no control over, and accepts no liability in respect, of such access.
Users’ feedback is valuable to the BACN and will allow the BACN to serve Users better. Users’ views on what the BACN is doing and how the BACN could make things better are important to the BACN.
If any User has any comments, suggestions or complaints the BACN would be delighted to hear from that User. Please direct comments or concerns to the BACN on +44 117 9595530 or via email to email@example.com
The BACN reserves the right to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of the User's residence or that of the User's principal place of business at the BACN's discretion.
Google Analytics Cookies
Refusing or Deleting Cookies
You may refuse or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse or delete the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
You may opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site -for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.