The BACN sees education and training as one of its most important roles with regard to its membership and the public. The education role therefore takes a number of forms:
The BACN is at the forefront of developing and commenting on key policy issues with regard to education, CPD and training within the area of aesthetic treatments. In particular it concentrates on the following:
• Contributing to Government Policy on regulating the sector
• Developing Competency frameworks for assessing and measuring the performance of individual nurses in aesthetics
• Working with educational and training providers to develop quality programmes for the sector
• Working with all key stakeholders to raise the awareness of the general public as to the range of treatments available and how best to achive patient satisfaction.
Educational and Training Support
The BACN surveys its membership every year and the feedback has been very strong with regard to the need to provide a range of education, CPD and training activities to support members. Key support activities available to BACN members include:
• Super Group Meetings – Held throughout the year in each of the 8 regions of the UK, these are mini conferences that carry CPD points and showcase the best and latest in the industry. BACN members attend free of charge but are charged a £50 deposit, refundable upon attendance. Non Members pay a fee for each event.
• Annual Conference – The BACN holds an annual conference that has a packed programme of presentations (CPD accredited), workshops and an exhibition showcasing the latest products and services available to the sector.
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – All nurses need CPD and this is becoming even more important with NMC Revalidation mandatory from April 2016. The BACN provides a wide range of opportunities to attend BACN CPD accredited events and presentations and support to members going through the revalidation process (the BACN is one of the pilot bodies selected by the NMC to test methods of best practice).
• E portfolios – The BACN are developing an E Portfolio service for member, due for release early 2017.
• CPD Certificates – Provided for all BACN certified events.
The BACN is also working with some major universities and training providers to develop new programmes in the area of aesthetic treatments and business skills.
Currently the BACN is developing projects looking at:
- Mentoring and Practice based assessment
- Business Skills
- Consultation and Counselling Skills
- On line CPD Modules
- Education and Training Getting the right education and training is vital in your quest to become a fullycompetent cosmetic practitioner, and not a decision to be taken lightly – we advise alot of research to find out which is the best path for you to take. There is a wide rangeof training programmes you can undertake, depending on which level you want to be atbut the industry is in a state of change with new regulatory and qualificationframeworks emerging. Please let us know if you would be interested in a ‘one day’‘Introduction to Aesthetics’ as a career or business programme.
Further information will be made available once these projects go live.